The WordBuilder Intervention app
This three minute video overviews the WordBuilder Intervention app.
The WordBuilder Intervention app a free application, is a research-based instructional tool to help adolescent struggling readers break down, build, and spell multisyllabic words. The app is designed for teacher-led, direct instruction delivered in small groups or one-on-one with struggling readers.
Remote Learning with WordBuilder
Reading Coach Lindsay Young demonstrates how to use the app WordBuilder Intervention in a remote learning environment by leveraging various technologies and engagement features of Zoom, Google Platforms, and Quizlet.
- Learn how WordBuilder Intervention can support multisyllabic word reading.
- Learn how to use WordBuilder Intervention in small group instruction.
- Learn various technological tips and tools to support Remote Instruction.
Relevant Common Core Anchor Standard
- Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- Use combined knowledge of all letter-sound correspondences, syllabication patterns, and morphology (e.g., roots and affixes) to read accurately unfamiliar multisyllabic words in context and out of context.
- Read and comprehend complex literacy and informational texts independently and proficiently.